You are reading the work-in-progress An Open Compendium of Soil Sample and Soil Profile Datasets. This chapter is currently draft version, a peer-review publication is pending. You can find the polished first edition at https://opengeohub.github.io/SoilSamples/.
To add a new dataset, please follow these steps:
- Click on the edit button on the book homepage,
- Login to Github.com and select “Start a pull-request”,
- Add new references to
- Commit and push and make a pull
- Once received we will check it and if you have followed the instructions closely,
the reference will appear in the document as soon as the code is merged with the master,
If you’re new to markdown and want to learn how to use it, please refer to this tutorial.
If you are new to R and/or pedometrics, please consider reading / installing:
- Kabacoff, R.I., (2011) “R in Action: Data Analysis and Graphics with R”. Manning publications, ISBN: 9781935182399, 472 pages.
- California Soil Resource Lab, (2017) “Open Source Software Tools for Soil Scientists”, UC Davis.,
If you’d like more of a roadmap to guide you through R, have a look at Oscar’s blogpost:
If you prefer video instruction with progress tracking: